Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - Like what I see

Like what I see

Like what I see

Postby Joey » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:12 am

Must say I'm very impressed by your map, the work is excellent.

As a hobby astronomer I have one wish though:
Is it possible to make the site into an offline downloadable client (with the site updating it as new information comes in)?

As I don't have an internet connection when I'm out at night with my telescope and my laptop I would really like to have a comprehensive map that is browsable offline. I've tried a couple of comercial products but they are either too simple (not enough information or just the bodies visible with your eyes) or too advanced (not easily browsable as your map and containing a lot of advanced features that comes in the way of creating a userfriendly GUI).

As far as I've seen (I'm by far no expert though) your map is by far the most "user friendly" while still giving all the necessary information.

Thank you for your site, and your hard work on it.

Sincerly
Joey
Joey

Return to You opinion on sky-map.org