Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - awesome and sorely wanted, but...

awesome and sorely wanted, but...

awesome and sorely wanted, but...

Postby alt.blank » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 pm

hey there... thank you for an absolutely superb facility! i want you to know that it's appreciated!

just a couple of little issues, though...
01. i can't see the mouse pointer when on the map, so going to objects is a little difficult, though possible given enough persistence; happens only when the background's totally black, of course.
02. search doesn't quite work well... i know that right now venus and m45 are in the same binocular fov, and i should be able to find them, but the search throws up nothing at all, for either "venus", "m45" or "pleaides".

cheers, and thanks again!
alt.blank

Postby admin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:28 am

Hi alt.blank,
Thank you for posting your comments and issues. Your input is very important to us.
01. We weren't aware about cursor visibility problem. Could you provide more details - OS and browser you use. Do you use non-standard cursors theme?
02. We still working on adding planets to our SKY-MAP. I hope we will finish it withing next few days - a lot of people asking for it. Search by object name or Id should work, like "M45" or "Pleiades", You didn't find "pleaides", because of spelling typo, but I'm not sure why you didn't find it by "m45", may be some problem with localization. Again I'd like to investigate the problem. What OS/browser/localization/character set do you use?

Thank you,
Sergei
admin
Site Admin

Return to You opinion on sky-map.org