Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - Universe is blowing faster and faster?

Universe is blowing faster and faster?

Universe is blowing faster and faster?

Postby serjan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:39 pm

Its amazing site guys you are the best.
Are you astronomers yourselfer or do it just for fun?
Any case here is a question: is it true that Universe is blowing faster and faster? I have a problem with my son ? he visits a domestic church and for me ? he became a bit adjective. I have nothing against religion but about scientific information at least I can understand where it comes from. About my son?s mentor bunkum I can?t. Can you also tell me where I can read about that?
serjan

blowing faster??

Postby ogarza » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:09 pm

i don't really understand quantum physics or quantum fluctuations,which is what they say had to do with the big bang. i think that it might have something to do with what came first , the chicken or the egg. what i think is that at the instant of the big bang all matter was blown the same speed and that it was'nt till there was enough distance from the point of origin that gravity started to have it's effect on matter. i wounder if the explosion was two dimensional, in that from a 180 was the energy released in any particular direction or was it four dimensional where it's energy was dispersed at a 360 degree, or in all possible directions? i wounder ,if when galexies collide is it cause one over takes the other, or do they collide a right angles because there has been enough distance from the point of origin that gravity has had it's effect long enough to divert tregectory from straight lines? if the latter is the case, them i would think that the speed of expantion has to slow down if even on a minute scale.
i have read about red shifts and of a cosmic speed limit, but i wounder if there isn't a lone acculation of matter, a lone star or galexie, that is still moving at the same speed and in a straight line from it's point of origin. and where is this point of origin? so many qestions and i think of possibilties.
i don't have much need for religon but i do keep my bible close and have read it cover to cover several times. the bible says that god said let there be light. the scientist say big band. some theologist say that god and nature are one in the same. my hero"Carol Sagan" said that we are truly made of star stuff. what is nature if not the beauty of a sunset or the beauty that is found when looking through an eyepeice.
"....As if the light of a thousand suns should suddenly appear in the heavens....such would be the glory of the Eternal One!"
Bhagavad-Gita XI, 12

m-15
ogarza

Re: blowing faster??

Postby wordSword » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:05 pm

The Bible says that in the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, he spoke and said, "Let there be light." That was day 1. What most people miss is that God didn't create the sun, moon and stars until day 4! The Apostle Paul says that the universe is held together by the Word of God's power, not the power of his word. Think about that! :D
wordSword

Return to General astronomy discussion