Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - partil solar eclipse, 2007/03/19

partil solar eclipse, 2007/03/19

partil solar eclipse, 2007/03/19

Postby Tuguldur » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:57 am

Hi all,

there is partial solar eclipse visible in Siberia, Mongolia, and some parts of China and Korea.

As I'm in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, hoping for some nice pix, preparing my scopes and instruments. Unfortunately, the weather doesn't seem to allow me that.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyways, if I will have some pix, then I'll post them here firstly.

clear skies,
Tuguldur
Tuguldur
Site Admin

eclipse pix

Postby Tuguldur » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:42 am

Hi all, today was the judjement day...hehe

I've captured some pix, and posting some of them here:

the eclipse startedImage

projectionImage

maximum eclipseImage

clear skies, Tuugii
Tuguldur
Site Admin

Postby moonster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 am

Cool!
I always heard you have to use special filters to look on Sun through a telescope, but never thought you can simply project picture on piece of paper.
There's a joke just came up:
Q: How many times you can look on Sun through a telescope?
A: Twice - once with left eye and once with right.
:)
moonster

Postby Tuguldur » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:41 am

hi moonster,

thanks for the funny joke! hehehe... :D

by the way, you don't even need telescope to project the image, small binocular or even small pinhole of the paper will work great!

Tuugii
Tuguldur
Site Admin

Postby Jonnyb13 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:57 am

I find that looking at the sun directly with your eyes is the best approach.
No, I cant eat my own head.
Jonnyb13

Return to General astronomy discussion