Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - Zooming in produces black screen

Zooming in produces black screen

For subjects NOT related to the science or hobby of astronomy.

Zooming in produces black screen

Postby Herm104 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi. I'm Herm104. I'm new here, so I don't know the forums that well. I do have a question though. When I try to zoom in when looking at the constellations on "Home", the screen goes black and I cannot see anything. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I can't find anything about it on the "getting started."
Herm104

Postby admin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:48 am

Hi Herm104,

There might be browser's javascript problem.
What type of browser do you use (Internet Explorer, Firefox or other)?
What OS (Windows, Linux, Mac,...)?
(We aware about some problems on Mac's default web browser.)
You can try to clear browser's cache and reload web site.

Regards,
Admin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Zooming in produces black screen

Postby pbmissions » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 am

This has not happened with me, but there could be a browser compatibility issue. Try using a different browser & see if the same thing happens.
pbmissions

Postby lanejared » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:48 am

Hi all,
Yes that's true that after zoom in for certain limit the screen goes black, but it happens in desktop and in 1024*768 resolution.
I am not facing any problem in laptop in resolution higher then 1024*768.
So is it possible that it might have some problem with resolution?
lanejared

Postby ForestMullins » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah that was happening for me but if you give it a minute it sort of refocuses. I've just found the sky map and don't really know how to use it yet. Can anyone point me to the instructions or something?
ForestMullins

Postby DMJY510 » Thu May 12, 2011 3:50 am

hi,do you know me?I think you must have never know me,I am new here,you will be familiar with me in the future,please remmember me,I am dmjy510,a special name and it is easy to keep it in mind.
DMJY510

Return to Off topic discussions