Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - Hungarian

Hungarian

Here you can ask us to add a new language support for SKY-MAP.ORG or create a new non-English forum.

Hungarian

Postby balatonl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:28 pm

Hello!

I browsed sky-map.org during the week and liked it very much. I am an amateur astronomer, owner and webmaster of several astronomical website:
- Hungarian Astronomical Association (HAA) (http://www.mcse.hu)
- Astronomical news portal of HAA (http://hirek.csillagaszat.hu)

I would really appreciate if I Hungarian language would be available on the maps. To be able to do this, I offer my time -- if it is possible, I could join the team as a responsible for the Hungarian localization.

Please let me know what do you think about the idea. Thanks in advance,

BLC
balatonl

Postby admin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:11 am

We've added Hungarian (Magyar) language in supported language list. Thank you very much for your contribution in translating messages and constellation names. New build is available on server3: http://server3.sky-map.org:8089/
To translate stars and galaxies names visit object's page and find "(edit)" link in "Proper Names" ("Megfelelő nevek") section on right side of the page.

Regards,
Sergei
admin
Site Admin

Postby balatonl » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:00 pm

admin wrote:We've added Hungarian (Magyar) language in supported language list. Thank you very much for your contribution in translating messages and constellation names. New build is available on server3: http://server3.sky-map.org:8089/

Thank you very much. I have begun translating the catalogues and the names of the objects. I have some questions:

* how is it possible to involve more Hungarian people into the translation process?

* when will the build including the Hungarian language be rolled out to the live environment? Are there any translation requirements? (ratio of translated texts, etc.) As I could see, in the case of other languages translation is still in progress.
balatonl

Postby admin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:38 pm

The concept of other people involvement is open and pretty straight forward. Anyone can contribute in translation or other data updates, like object's names. Anyone can track changes of particular object's details or group of objects. Active contributors can be selected for moderation role to monitor/accept/decline changes that require moderator attention. We're still working to expand area available for contribution.

There're no specific limitations. We're planning to deploy new build on other servers this week.

We're very much appreciate your contribution.

Best regards,
Sergei
http://SKY-MAP.ORG
admin
Site Admin

Postby balatonl » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:05 am

Thank you very much for the prompt reply!
Regards,

L?szl?
balatonl

Approving translation

Postby balatonl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:07 am

Hi,

I have translated several catalogue titles and also began to translate the description text of the catalogues. However, ~2 weeks have passed, but until now, the description translations were not approved.

The question: how is the approval process working? Who approves the translations? What are the reasons that the translated texts were not approved?

Thank you,

Laci
balatonl

Postby admin » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:12 am

Dear Laci,

Sorry for the delay with the approval. The moderation process is not fully automated yet, I just found two pending changes and approved them. If I missed something please let me know. The idea is we will grant permission for users like you to make changes without approval, but the feature is not implemented yet.

Thank you for your active participation
Best regards,
Sergei
admin
Site Admin

Responsible editors / reviewers in every language

Postby balatonl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:29 am

OK, no problem. I just wanted to know how it works, if there is any process or responsible editors (or something like this). I think, that on the long run, there should be some editors in every language who guarantee the high quality of the translations with their review and approval.

E.g. if now I translate something that is *beep* in my language, the one who approves it, will not know that I did something wrong (because does not speak my language). So if the community will be big enough, I think, there should be some advanced users as well who does this job.

Regards,

Laci
balatonl

Return to New language request