Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - DSS2 resolution limit compared to Hubble Ultra Deep Field

DSS2 resolution limit compared to Hubble Ultra Deep Field

In this section we will inform you about latest changes made on our site.

DSS2 resolution limit compared to Hubble Ultra Deep Field

Postby admin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:40 am

I just wondered to see how DSS2 resolution limit looks like compared to Hubble Ultra Deep Field

HUDF (reduced resolution): (see source and full resolution)

DSS2 (version 1/2):
Image Image

Basically I could find on DSS2 field 4 stars (their magnitudes are around 18-19) and very few largest galaxies, but it's hard to distinguish those stars from galaxies based on DSS images.
There's one quite bright blue patch on DSS images that does match to any object on HUDF (on right side above middle)

URLs used to cut DSS2 images matched to HUDF's projection: DSS2 version 1 and DSS2 version 2
admin
Site Admin

Re: DSS2 resolution limit compared to Hubble Ultra Deep Field

Postby DMJY510 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 am

After I finally got XBL gold (bought a 12 month subscription card for 40€), me and my friends were playing BC in a party. This guy came to our squad and decided for some reason to get under stairs and start idling there, so we couldn't squad spawn on him. Me and one of my friends were special ops, so we chose to punish him with tracker guns (or whatever those are)...
DMJY510

Return to News & Updates