Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - NameAGalaxy.com

NameAGalaxy.com

Post your ideas on how to improve our site and keep up with the latest site events

NameAGalaxy.com

Postby kpgraham » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:07 pm

I thought that you'd like to know that I linked my free site NameaGalaxy.com to Sky-Map.com and the galaxies display just about right. There is a slight offset at high magnification, but I think it might be a rounding error.

BTW: I am using the wikisky.org domain, and I am getting server timeouts today.

Keith
kpgraham

Postby sjuan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:41 pm

I heard about "name a star", but "Name a galaxy" is something new. Can I rename Andromeda galaxy? :)
sjuan

Postby kpgraham » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:36 pm

Star naming and even galaxy naming is just for fun. There are two or three dozen star name sites on the web. None of them can officially name a star. If you want to give a fun gift, go to http://www.freenameastar.com and at least you don't have to pay $50.

Keith
kpgraham

Postby bittle » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:35 pm

I heard there's some star agency who allows to name stars and they keep official records of star names and provide certificates. It looks pretty cool, my co-worker have one. I don't remember name of the agency.
bittle

Postby moonster » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:47 pm

There's a good artice on space.com that explains "Name-a-star" kind of services:
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/mystery ... 30915.html

I'm personally not against such services. It might be very romantic present. Just remember it's not official. I believe there was (or still are) few companies who lied to their customers that they are "official star names registrars" and naive customers were calling/writing to astronomical societies asking "Where's name on my star?"...
moonster

Postby Jonnyb13 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:51 pm

No, I cant eat my own head.
Jonnyb13

Re: NameAGalaxy.com

Postby Kloyd Niel » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information that i read,
BTW im a newly one in this site But i learned lot of ideas.
Thanks for having me here.God Bless.

how to treat depression
Kloyd Niel

Postby Jellen00 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Wow that was so great....thanks for sharing...
Jellen00

Postby DMJY510 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 am

I copied code from various peoples graphics...
I also changed one a little and reposted it (the how much noob are you).
I made some of the code from scratch to get it all together.
Is that all good?
DMJY510

Return to Suggestions & Announcements