Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - Object Save

Object Save

Post your ideas on how to improve our site and keep up with the latest site events

Object Save

Postby ian » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:49 am

I would like to "save" the object I last visited so I can come back to it at a later time (eg to view more images). The object then appears at screen centre when it is "loaded". This avoids having to remember the object name and using <<FindObject>> again. The data could be stored on the users PC or on the SKy-Map server (registered users).
ian

Postby admin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:57 am

Use "link to this view" button. It will generate URL that will point to exact spot zooming level and mode you're currently in. Then simply bookmark the link using your browser or online bookmarks services. And you can show interesting view you found to anybody by sending them the link generated.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonnyb13 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:10 am

Ever seen google maps? have you ever seen those little orange arrows? you should give the choice to publish a location so that when an online viewer moves over an area the arrow shows up, allowing the viewer to click and look.
No, I cant eat my own head.
Jonnyb13

Return to Suggestions & Announcements