Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - Object data page ('starview') to be reached via API

Object data page ('starview') to be reached via API

Post your ideas on how to improve our site and keep up with the latest site events

Object data page ('starview') to be reached via API

Postby KGyST » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:13 am

Hi,
I linked various celestial object from English and Hungarian Wikipedia, and it worked well for all the map's content through adrasses like

http://www.wikisky.org/?object=Messier+ ... ource=DSS2

But if I link the object data page, not all the stuff can be reached, mainly the Messier galaxies are unreachable through links like this:

http://server1.wikisky.org/starview?object=Messier+89

Through the NGC numbers it works:

http://server1.wikisky.org/starview?object=NGC+4552

Isn't it possible to make theese 30 or so galaxies to be reached through theese links? The Wikipedia template gets the object names from page names (that is usually the Messier name), I don't want to rewrite the template for theese 30 galaxies.

Thanks
KGyST

Postby admin » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 am

Looks like a bug in our starview page. We'll fix it and I let you know when it's done.
Thanks for the notice.
admin
Site Admin

Postby KGyST » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:09 am

Thanks a lot.
KGyST

Postby admin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:50 pm

I just put new build with the fix.

Also check out the new button "take snapshot" that came with the build. Well, not the button itself, the button picture is ugly (I did it myself in Paint :) )

Thanks,
Sergei
SKY-MAP.ORG Team
admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Announcements