Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/18/d163655616/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
SKY-MAP.ORG / WIKISKY • View topic - Can i find the Milky Way on your website?

Can i find the Milky Way on your website?

Can i find the Milky Way on your website?

Postby Grace » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:35 pm

Hi All,

My name is Grace and I'm new to this website. I'm in Grade 6 and I checking out your website for this project I'm doing at school.
I was just wondering, I have a question for the people who visited this web site.

Can i find the Milky Way on your website? Can I download a picture of the Milky Way and use put it in my homework?

By the way, I think your web site is pretty cool because I can see all the stars.

Grace.
Grace

Postby Bmyers288 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:12 am

The Milky Way is not a single object in the sky. When you look up in the night sky you will see an area of very dense stars that will look like a ribbon across the sky. It is called the Milky Way because you are looking back into the center of our own Milky Way galaxy.
So to answer your question yes these objects can be found on SKY-MAP :)
scobby-doo
Bmyers288

Postby admin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Thank you Bmyers288 for the answer, I just want to add that SKY-MAP on "Milky Way" search request will direct you to Galactic Center, don't be confused if you not find anything interesting out there (yet - later you will "see" at least super massive black hole out there)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can i find the Milky Way on your website?

Postby nobig28 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 am

i see. now it is clear to me!

Creditors Voluntary Liquidation
nobig28

Re: Can i find the Milky Way on your website?

Postby jamisert12 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 am

the Milky Way is a grand heavenly body, concoction of suns, stars and space dust, which glows and glimmers across the sky.. you can actually see a milky way using a simple telescope..
jamisert12

Return to Astronomy in the classroom